Doctor insights on:
What Is Toxic Synovitis
Son had toxic synovitis of r hip in august. Now has similar symptoms in l hip. Could it be toxic synovitis again? Juvenile RA was not ruled out. Jra?
Possible: Difficult without a physical exam and further testing. It could be toxic synovitis along with other possibilities including, but not limited to, a fracture, jra, lupus, systemic infection, bone infection, dislocation, etc. Labs, xrays, and physical may be warranted depending on what the doctor sees. ...Read more
The synovial membrane is the lining of a joint and synovitis is inflammation of that lining. It can cause joint pain, swelling, and stiffness. When inflamed, the lining will create excessive joint fluid, causing swelling and increased joint pressure. The lining can also become thickened and cause apparent joint enlargement. Commonly associated with ...Read more
What is hip synovitis. My 6 yr old has got it and is on 5 day antibiotic course. What is the recommendation and precautions. Thnx?
Inflammation: The synovium is the tissue that lines a joint capsule, when it becomes inflamed you can get a synovitis. Basically when a young child presents with severe hip pain and no injury, some considerations include an infection in the hip joint or a toxic synovitis. Toxic synovitis can proceed or be concurrent with a generalized viral illness and usually resolves spontaneosly. NSAIDs and rest help ...Read more
Yes: Synovitis is inflammation of the lining of a joint. It can occur as a result of injury, infection, joint degeneration, or autoimmune conditions usch as rheumatoid arthritis. Common symptoms of synovitis are joint pain, fluid accumulation in the joint, and stiffness. Treatment of symptoms includes anti-inflammatory medications or intra-articular steroid injections. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does toxic granulation in blood mean that is present?
- What is suprapatellar joint effusion with synovitis?
- What is the difference between toxic shock syndrome and sepsis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Vitamin a toxicity is most likely to occur from what
- What is the difference between septic shock toxic shock syndrome?
- What is the best treatment for synovitis?
- What is the toxicity of vitamin b6?
- Talk to a orthopedic reconstructive surgeon online for free