Doctor insights on:
What Is This Crackling In My Neck
Depends what it is: From. Try gentle stretching exercises. However, you will need to see a physician for a physical exam to see where the pain is coming from. You can also try massage, acupuncture, heat/cold, and ergonomic changes until you see your physician. However, i would recommend seeing a physician as neck pain can be complex and the pain generators can be a number of things. Hope that helps! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No Pain?: If not this is totally normal and not be concerned about. Its normal to hear the facet joints in your neck moving against each other. Especially if you are alone in a quite room. Matter of fact i was just listening to my neck creak before reading this question. :). ...Read more
Mild arrhritis: No therapy needed yet.Get a more detailed answer ›
Physical therapy: If the problem is only noise and not pain, neurologic symptoms or nerve damage the most important treatment is regular physical therapy exercise. You may want to ask your doctor for instruction or referral to a therapist to be trained in an exercise program. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
My neck started popping/crackling when I turn my head left or right. It does not hurt. Any concerns or suggestions? Thanks
Not really: Many people have non-symptomatic neck popping and cracking (including myself!). You are probably sensing the normal motion of the cervical facet joints. I do not recommend purposeful cracking of one's neck, which usually requires a significant rotational movement of the neck (i have had patients with acute cervical herniations after those maneuvers). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I have neck arthritus, when I flex my back it makes a crackling sound but no pain. Is it normal. What to do?
Normal: It is normal if no pain is involved. ...Read more
From two days my neck makes sound like crackling ..Grinding when i turn my head left and right but today left side only sounds it right side stopped !
I hear a crackling sound from the back of my neck at times while walking. I have started to hear it at times while sitting as well. ?
Normal: As long as it does not cause pain, the cracking is normal. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is this bumpy area in the back of my head?
- I have back pain in lower back and have traces of blood in my urine what is this
- What is this headache above my right eye in the arch?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- My mouth is swollen in the front what is this caused from
- My sleeping problem is i shout out in the night what is the treatment for this
- Ive had a lump in the side of my neck for over a year what could this be
- What is this tingling feeling in my vagania can i be pregnant?
- What is this small lump in my neck?