Doctor insights on:
What Is The Youngest Age A Child Starts To Have Underarm Odor
Andrenarche: Sometimes you will detect a change in the normal sweat/stink profile of your kid as early as 6. This happens when the adrenal glands start increasing some of their hormones at higher levels. It occurs separately from true puberty.If you see any growth acceleration, or other signs that would suggest early puberty,have it evaluated. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Puberty: As early as age 8 (even 7.5) in girls. As early as age 9 in boys. The average girl starts puberty about ten. Average boy about age 11. If signs of puberty before 8 (girls) or 9 (boys) see your doctor. If no signs of puberty try some antibacterial soap. Some children can get body odor before puberty and it is not a sign of a problem, but you might want to ask your doctor next time you see him/her. ...Read more
My daughter got armpit odor at age 6 and now she is eight she start to complain her breast is aching. Is this normal?
Do armpits smell more as we age? Past two years I notice armpit smell when I lower nose. Never a problem before. Yes I use deodorant and shower.
Bacteria work on: the sweat from your armpit apocrine sweat glands to produce a strong odor. The basic strategy is cleaning the skin regularly (1-2 X daily) with germicidal soap to reduce bacteria count, shaving, drying well. Applying corn starch or powder may help. Then using strong anti-perspirant or combo with deodorant: prescriptions are Drysol, Certain Dri, Dricolor, Odaban with more aluminum chloride. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Bacteria: One study showed corynebacteria and coagulase negative micrococci can make the odor. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Youngest age to have rhinoplasty
- What is the youngest age one can have pcos what are the earliest symptoms?
- Youngest age to have ovarian cancer
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the youngest age someone got lung cancer?
- The age for a child to start at the gym
- At what age should a child start to take over their own insulin shots
- What is the average age couples have their first child?
- Talk to a pediatrician online