Doctor insights on:
What Is The Worst Type Of Pollen This Time Of Year Tree Flower
Early Spring Tree: At this time of year, tree pollens predominate. ...Read more
Pollen is the equivalent of sperm for a plant. It is a genetically active product, seen on flowers usually, which the plants with the assistance of birds, bats and insects as well as the wind, uses to fertilize the egg of the plant to ensure a next generation. It also can be irritating, functioning as an allergen, leading to sneezing ...Read more
How much pollen is there at different times of a day (night, morning, noon, evening)? Is it different for tree and grass pollen?
Pollen times: Some plants pollinate when the sun hits the "flowers" (they are called flowers but allergenic plants are not visually attractive), so early morning can be an important time for pollen. Grasses, weeds and trees are designed for the wind to agitate their flowers and cause dispersal, so any time it's windy there is more pollen in the air generally. Most patients notice windy days are worse. ...Read more
Yes.: Many things, like throat infections/viral infections can cause laryngitis. It takes time to recover the voice, like 1+ weeks, and it recovers usually when the illness subsides/resolves. Allergies to things like tree pollen, can cause inlammation, and swelling of areas like the throat and be responsible for at least short term laryngitis. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Pollen: Trees release large amounts of pollen in the spring. A person could be allergic to just one family of trees like birch or multiple trees from various families. Unlike grass where if a person is allergic to one type, they are most likely to all types of grass, tree pollens show less cross reactions. Pines trees produce much pollen but less allergy compared to hard wood trees. It's not leaves... ...Read more
Is the bee pollen helpful with seasonal allergiy I have allergy for tree pollen but only in spring
Several treatment: Nasal congestion is a common symptom caused by tree pollen allergy. Nasal steroids are the first-line therapy and most effective at relieving nasal symptoms. Other alternative therapies include oral antihistamines, topical (intranasal) antihistamines, and allergen immunotherapy (allergy shots) after consultation with a board-certified allergist. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the common types of leukemia for a 25 year old?
- What are the ramifications if a blood type is mismatched for the first time?
- What type of flower essence or oil should i take to help with arthritis pain?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- In what time of the year am i more likely to contract west nile virus
- What should i do to prepare myself if i am running track this year for the first time?
- My 5 year old feels nauseated all the time what could the problem be
- 5 year old has a night time cough all night what can i do
- What is the worst type of schizophrenia?