Doctor insights on:
What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen With Allergic Reaction
Anaphylaxis: The most severe reaction that can occur after repeated exposure to something you are allergic to is called anaphylaxis. This rare but sudden condition causes itchy welts (hives), followed by wheezing, shortness of breath, and occasionally, swelling of the tongue or throat. Without treatment, swelling of the tongue or throat can sometimes worsen and block the airway. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Essentially allergies occur when your immune system goes crazy and decides to has to fight against things it should be ignoring. The immune system of people without allergies simply ignores the pollen in the air or the dander on their cat while an allergic person's immune system creates cells to fight against the pollen or dander. The allergic reaction causes the ...Read more
What medicine can I use for my red, swollen, and irritated face after allergic reaction? ( i scratched it which made it worst)
Avoidance: which is at times hard to accomplish, true allergy to cigarette smoke is rare, you didn't say what kind of reaction you develop when exposed, ...Read more
I drink a lot of red wine - could it be an allergic reaction or some horrible thing that's undiagnosed?
Symptoms: Please explain what symptoms you are having with red wine as it is not clear from your question. ...Read more
Are Niacin and Nitric oxide the same thing? I have an allergic reaction to Niacin, would I have the same reaction to Nitric oxide?
I noticed parts around my mouth got swollen and kinda hurt. Only thing i ate was brazil nuts. Is it a possible allergic reaction that i had?
Possible but: In the absence of itching, allergy is less likely. If you must eat brazil nut again in the future, consider consulting an allergist who can confirm or disprove this link for you. ...Read more
Bee sting allergy: Venom does not cause a delayed reaction, it causes an immediate reaction. What you have is undoubtedly an infection. Whether it is an infection that requires medical treatment, or one that you could treat yourself by applying a topical disinfectant like tincture of iodine. If a reaction continues see you local doctor. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the worst thing that can happen in a food allergic reaction?
- Whats the worst that can happen with toenail fungus
- What is the average time a person can have an allergic reaction?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the earliest age that someone can be diagnosed with type 1 diabetes?
- What is in peanuts that can kill a person with one bite if they are allergic?
- My 2 year old has a terrible cough what can i give her that is over-the-counter
- Whats the worst that can happen if bacteria vaginosis goes untreated
- Talk to a dermatologist online