Doctor insights on:
What Is The Worst Part Of The Acl And Meniscus Surgery
34yrs, had an ACL surgery on right knee 2 yrs ago. part of damaged meniscus was also removed. What precautions should I take to avoid Osteoarthritis?
Prevent arthritis: Part of prevention of further wear of ones knee is established by securing the structural deficits as u already have . Other pearls include maintaining good muscle tone, keeping your BMI below 25., Avoid quick cutting or pivoting sports, maintain a healthy diet to include vitamin e and glucosamine. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
6-12 mos: Although many sources suggest a full recovery to sports in 6 mos, it may be 6-12 months before you can return to full physical activities. Timing depends on the amount of knee damage, type of graft, specific sport, competition level, & psychology http://www.emoryhealthcare.org/acl-program/surgical-recovery/acl-rehab-expectations.html http://www.aaos.org/news/aaosnow/dec12/clinical7.asp ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I just had ACL and meniscus surgery.Its been about 3 wks. I feel a slight bump in the size of like a dime. Should i be worried? What's should I do?
Everyone reacts to-: -this surgery in different ways. 1-even the same surgeon has different recover early. Things that may cause more swelling are bleeding, how much was done, & some have a tendency to swell than others, 2-not resting enough, improper use of ice, being to active. Follow Ur surgeon's protocol, in the long run your result should not B any different. Always let surgeon know of any sudden changes. ...Read more
Many Options: There are many different options for stem cell therapies in the us. I would suggest you evaluate all of them thoroughly before choosing. So far the only practice that has significant research and patient base regarding stem cell therapy is regenexx. They have over 6500 patient registry with pretty good results. Regenexx.Com. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What part of the brain is involved in planning and impulse control?
- What part of the eye is affected by lasik surgery?
- What is the incidence of nausea and vomiting after surgery?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- I have headaches and the top of my head is tender what could this be
- What is the purpose of the cartilage rings of trachea and bronchi?
- What is the cause of pain in my collar bone and numbness in both arms?
- What does it mean when the white part of the eye is brown?
- Talk to a sports medicine specialist online for free