Doctor insights on:
What Is The Weight Level For An 11 Year Old
Depends: Most of the time, if an 11 year old is overweight, then they should be able to grow into the weight, without having to lose weight. That means that the weight remains the same as they get taller. Sometimes they need to lose weight. Your doctor can answer that question with more information. ...Read more
Rigth foods: Right foods if no underlying med problem, healthy weight loss requires eating the right whole foods, avoiding many processed foods, and staying physically active. Avoid any processed foods with sugar and flour, eliminate most foods with saturated and trans fats, and add plenty of vegetables and beans, many fruits and nuts, some whole grains, and wild salmon. Add regular physical activity. ...Read more
Incentives: Identify something she really wants and let her earn her way to receiving it by losing pounds. It is very important that you don't overemphasize the weight issue as it can easily swing into a food eating disorder like anorexia and bulimia. Make it a game and fun. Don't force the issue as it will backfire. Teen age girls are very insecure and you should not add to it. ...Read more
No less than 9: The growing pre-teen is faced with many choices but needs to take care of his/her sleep if they are to function well. While growing, no less than 9 hours of sleep/24hrs is needed. After their linear growth has stopped, they can sometimes get by on 8. Some will need more based on sports participation or heavy study. Studies suggest poor sleep habits contribute to obesity. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the average weight for an 11 year old girl?
- What is the ideal weight for an 11 year old?
- What is a healthy weight for 11 year old female?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is a healthy weight for an 11 year old?
- What is the normal weight for a 11 year old female?
- Ideal weight for an 11-year-old
- Average weight for 11 year olds
- Talk to a pediatrician online