Doctor insights on:
What Is The Usual Recovery Period After Surgery For Chronic Bronchitis
Progressive...: Chronic bronchitis is a form of COPD and it is slowly progressive. Treatments that can slow disease progression include smoking cessation and oxygen therapy, if the oxygen level is low enough to qualify. It can be fatal but progression can be slowed with treatment. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Bronchitis is an inflammation of the mucous membranes of the bronchi (airways that carry air from the trachea to the more distal parts of the lungs, or bronchioles). Bronchitis may be caused by either viral or bacterial infections, and is treated with antibiotics , steroids, inhaled bronchodilators, or mucolytics. Bronchitis can be acute or chronic. The latter is usually associated with smoking and may be part of COPD. Both acute and chronic bronchitis can lead to other serious conditions, including pneumonia with ...Read more
Slightly productive cough headache owns nebulizer (chronic bronchitis) scheduled for tonsill&adeniod removal Friday can she still have the surgery?
Probably yes: Chronic brinchitis will not get better anytime soon ...Read more
Progressive : COPD tends to be progressive. But inhaled & oral meds, along with smoking cessation, & supplemental oxygen if needed, can significantly slow the progress. Other ills, like heart disease, make it worse. End-stage sign is acute flare up episodes ("exacerbations") requiring more frequent hospital stays. That's the time to focus on life quality over life prolonging care (hospice). Hope that helps. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the usual recovery time after brain surgery to remove a tumor?
- What is the usual recovery time for bypass heart surgery?
- What is the usual recovery after an arthroscopic bankart lesion repair?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Recovery period after gallbladder surgery
- What is the typical recovery period after an open heart surgery?
- What is the usual recover time required after hydrocele surgery?
- Chronic cough after bronchitis
- Talk to a pulmonologist online for free