Doctor insights on:
Recovery Time After A Compound Femur Fracture
A fracture is a broken bone. As there is cartilage at the end of many bones at the joint, a fracture may also include a break in the cartilage. Fractures and broken bones are the same thing. It seems that many believe that a "fracture" is a lesser injury or an incomplete break in the bone, but this is not correct. Fractures may be displaced or ...Read more
I have femur fracture and knee proximal tibia, what foods should I take for full recovery of my bones ? It's been 3 months after the surgery.
I was in a auto accident and sustained a trimalar break with a compound femur fracture. It has been six months and have some trouble with pain?
Fractures: You had very significant fractures. It is not unusual for pain to be present for up to a year. Sometimes, even the hardware can cause pain. Also you need to make sure the bone is healing correctly an in good alignment. Discuss with your doctor and if you have any concerns get a second opinion. ...Read more
As long as healing: As long as your fractures are healed or well on the way to healing, and as long as you are progressing well with ambulating, and as long as you have been able to wean off medications, it is fine to get pregnant. Good luck! ...Read more
Is it unusual for a58 yr old to still have substantial pain 3 weeks after rods/screws for comucated femur fracture right below femoral neck ? In rehab
Yes: The bone will not be solid for 6-8 weeks. ...Read more
I turn 17 next month and have severe idiopathic juvenile osteoporosis. I have been taking idrophos and calcium after a femur fracture 2 years back. I have lost height due to vertebral compression.
Can the height loss be reversed or corrected in any way?
My 2 yr old is in a spica cast from a femur fracture, and went back yesterday after 1 week for X-ray and it is displaced. How does this happen?
Broken bone is also known as Fracture. A bone fracture is a condition in which there is a break in the bone. It can be caused by a high force injury or it may result from a previous medical condition that involves weakening of the bone. Common symptoms include severe pain, swelling of the surrounding ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the typical healing time for a compound fracture of the tibia and fibula?
- What is the normal recovery period after a fractured tibia?
- How long is the recovery time after a wrist fracture?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the usual recovery time for a fractured fibula in the ankle?
- What is the typical recovery time for a dislocated shoulder?
- What is the typical recovery time for a meniscus tear in the knee?
- What is the typical recovery time for a tubal ligation?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free