Doctor insights on:
What Is The Typical Incubation Period Of Scabies
1 - 4 days, usually: Incubation period of most strains of influenza is 1-4 days, typically 2, but can be as long as 7 for a variant of H3n2. H3N2 is a subtype of influenza A.. See http://www.cdc.gov/flu/professionals/acip/clinical.htm and see http://www.michigan.gov/mdch/0,4612,7-132-8347-311534--,00.html and see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Influenza_A_virus_subtype_H3N2 ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
How long is the REAL incubation period, and are we safe from people that are negative when they board a plane?
Ebola Virus: Per CDC, incubation period is 2 to 21 days w average of 8 to 10 days. A person will not transmit disease if they are asymptomatic and don't have a fever. If a person were on a lengthy flight or multiple flights- theoretically the person could evolve from incubation to active disease. This is why many international airports have instituted medical screening upon entry into the country. ...Read more
What is the incubation period of n fowleri? Why do some sites say 1-7 and others go up to 15 days? Seems most cases are 7 or less when symp show
Too rare to worry: Naegleria fowleri encephalitis is so rare that only a few cases have been studied, so it is understandable that estimates of incubation period may vary widely. But it really shouldn't matter. You cannot have it if you haven't been swimming in freshwater ponds or lakes. Even if you have done that, there are only an average of 1-2 cases per year in the entire US. You aren't likely to be one of them! ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the normal incubation period of impetigo?
- What is the typical healing time for a compound fracture of the tibia and fibula?
- What is the incubation period for pink eye?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the chance of me getting pregnant two days after my period?
- What is the typical length of time for an allergic reaction?
- What is the normal peak expiratory flow rate of an typical adult?
- What is the typical recovery period after an open heart surgery?
- Talk to a dermatologist online