Doctor insights on:
What Is The Treatment For Lead Overdose That Is Best And Has Fewest Side Effects
Lead poisoning: In most cases of lead poisoning, removal from exposure is the only therapy needed. If blood lead levels exceed a certain concentration, chelation therapy may be necessary, which is really a clinical judgment call. Exposure to lead must cease before chelation therapy begins. Dmsa (succimer) is fda-approved for lead-poisoned children, and is effective in adults. It is taken by mouth. ...Read more
usually done at 1 year routinely.gives us the level of lead the child is exposed to ..if greater than5 microgram/deciliter can cause silent ireversable brain damage if left untreatec lead is is a heavy metal can damage other body tissues lead is quite commonly seen i many everyday things surrounding ...Read more
Chelation therapy: Preventing further exposure and in severe cases treatment with edta to remove lead from the body. Consult the site below for more information. http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/lead-poisoning/fl00068/dsection=treatments-and-drugs. ...Read more
Chelation: Penicillamine is a cheating agent which ties up lead so it can be excreted without being toxic ...Read more
Multiple: The three major systems affected by lead are - the brain, gastrointestinal and hemopoesis (bone marrow and peripheral blood). Bones is another body tissue that can be affected. Brain damage will be manifested with mental retardation of different degree. Gastrointestinal - constipation, if acutely poisoned, vomiting, pain. Blood - anemia. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Lead and brain.: This is very difficult question. .Lead has no specific brain marker=no specific brain area targeted. Certain forms of learning issues can occur but i believe also need to rule out genetics. In lead encephalopathy=moribund= seizures and retardation can be a possible outcome..Medical record pre diagnosis important to review, . ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the treatment for cold sores that is best and has fewest side effects?
- What is the treatment for frostbite that is best and has fewest side effects?
- What is the treatment for anal itching that is best and has fewest side effects?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best treatment for acetaminophen overdose?
- What is the best treatment for drug overdose?
- What are the side effects of overdosing on calcium?
- What are the side effects of an ibuprofen overdose?
- Talk to a pediatrician online