Doctor insights on:
What Is The Treatment For A Tear In Your Cartilage In Your Knee Called
It depends: When the cartilage surface is the injured part it is called an osteochondral injury. However, patients will also describe meniscal injuries as "cartilage tears" which is incorrect but a very common description by patients. The menisci are the soft tissue shock absorbers in the knee between the bones and are frequently what "tears" inside the knee. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Cartilage is a specialized type of tissue found in joints and areas that two bones come together. It is made up of specialized cells that live in the midst of proteins and sugars that absorb and release water similar to a sponge. Healthy cartilage helps decrease friction in joints, absorbs shock and protects the ends of the bone. Degradation of ...Read more
Had MRI on knee showed meniscal tear, tendentis, bursitis, benign lesion on cartilage. What is yr opinion on treatment? .
Depends on your main: symptoms. If knee is hurting and "gives way" when you walk, then a Scope surgery to get rid of the Meniscal tear; which also provides an opportunity to look at all other structures. Lesion on Cartilage, might look benign, But a biopsy could be done, to confirms it is Benign, The bursitis/tendonitis, if still persists can be treated by the NSAIDs and PT/exercises, heat/cold packs etc. Good Luck. ...Read more
Outer lateral cartilage of knee is reduced so pain in the lateral knee,what can be best treatment,what should be done?
Multiple: There are many options, including arthroscopic drilling; cartilage harvesting, groth, and then implantation; visco supplementation; braces and osteo roomies to " offload" the area, joint resurfacing, etc. Don't hesitate to see an orthopedic surgeon to discuss which option would be best for you. ...Read more
All depends: On symptoms and activity level extent of damage etc..... ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the best otc pain reliever for a meniscus tear in the knee?
- What is the typical recovery time for a meniscus tear in the knee?
- What is the best treatment for lump in your throat?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the most common treatment for a broken vein in the wrist?
- What foods to eat to build the cartilage in your knees?
- Bump in the crease of the leg
- Is a smoking hookah in the house bad for your child?
- What is treatment for a contusion hair line fracture in your knee cap?