Doctor insights on:
What Is The Symptoms Of Salmonella Poisoning
Depends: There are different species of salmonella. Some will produce only intestinal problems, usually diarrhea which may contain mucous and occasionally blood. Salmonella typhi and some other species produces a disease which starts initially with constipation, followed by extension from the gut to produce fever, confusion, enlargement of the spleen and a very severe systemic disease. ...Read more
Toxic ingestion (also called "poisoning") is a condition in which a person has eaten or drank a substance that causes ill symptoms or damage to his body. Taking an overdose of a medicine, taking any dose of a poison, drinking too much vodka, or accidentally drinking antifreeze . . . are all ...Read more
The transmission: of salmonella usually occurs via consumption of contaminated foods: beef, poultry or eggs most commonly. The salmonella bacteria attach to the intestinal lining and are internalized to the intestinal wall. They then spread through the reticuloendothelial system to the liver, spleen and bone marrow. This process, leading to bacteria being found in the blood stream, takes up to 14 days. ...Read more
Diarrhea, cramps.: Severe, acute hemorrhagic diarrhea and abdominal cramps are the main symptoms. Usually little or no fever is present, and the illness resolves in five to 10 days. It can also be asymptomatic. Fluid replacement and blood pressure support may be needed to prevent death from dehydration. Treatment with may cause kidney complications. Hemolytic-uremic syndrome is a life-threatening condition. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the treatment for salmonella poisoning?
- What are symptoms of salmonella?
- What are the symptoms of salmonella typhimurium?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does salmonella typhimurium food poisoning look like?
- Causes of salmonella poisoning
- Treatment for salmonella food poisoning
- Salmonella typhimurium food poisoning
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online