Doctor insights on:
What Is The Survival Rate Of People Who Have Asterosytomas In The Brain
It depends: Survival rates for any cancer are very dependent on a number of variables. With astrocytomas, patient age, tumor location, pathological features (anaplastic versus low-grade, presence of necrosis, 1p/19q deletions, etc.), complications from treatment (radiation or surgery), and functional status all seem to affect prognosis. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Tumor Type?: There is a wide spectrum of brain tumors. Many can be cured and others are very malignant. The kind of tumor, age, and functional status help neurosurgeons estimate survival. However, statistics apply to a population, not an individual. ...Read more
Depends: It really depends on whether it spread to the brain from somewhere else or if it started in the brain, and even then there would be many factors affecting curability, including type, location, size, etc... ...Read more
Agree with: Dr Kleerehopper also encourage you to get support from organizations like Voices Against Brain Cancer (see their website) each case is unique even with the same types of brain cancer survival rates are different. Psychotherapy can be beneficial as well. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Poor survival rate: Brainstem gliomas are primary brain tumors that arise from the glial tissue and are usually astrocytomas (grades 1-4). Diagnosis is by mri. Rarely are these biopsied or operated upon because of their critical location in the brainstem. For the highest grade, survival is on the order of months. The lower grade may survive a couple of years. Radiation and chemotherapy do play a role in treatment. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
How likely am i to survive a brain tumor? If you have a cancerous brain tumor, what is the survival rate?
What is the survival rate for someone with stage 4 ovarian cancer that has spread to the brain, when she is 84?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the rate of survival for people who develop septic shock?
- What is the survival rate of patients with brain stem gliomas?
- Adult fibrosarcoma survival rate
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best treatment for pimples in people who are out of their teens?
- How much of the stomach is removed in people who have stomach cancer?
- What part of the brain is involved in planning and impulse control?
- What is the survival rate of patients with anaplastic astrocytoma?
- Talk to a neurologist online