Doctor insights on:
What Is The Surgery Like To Pin Back My Ears
An otoplasty: Although each person is different, ear reshaping -otoplasty- usually involves changing the shape and position of the ear cartilage. This is done through an incision hidden in back of the ear. Most often sutures are placed to pull the cartilage into a proper shape and to pull the ear closer to he head. This is a day procedure and there is usually little pain afterward and risks a small. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
As an adult, nothing: In infants, the cartilage is soft enough that the ear can be held in a more desirable shape or position with tape; as the child matures, the cartilage becomes more rigid and maintains this shape and position. Unfortunately, this does not work as an adult. Otoplasty is a simple and effect method to correct the shape and position of the ear. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Permanent!: Only permanent treatment is to have the ears surgically pinned back. ...Read more
Only for newborns: Ear reshaping or an "otoplasty" is more than just pinning the ear back. The ear is reshaped to conform with the normal ear contours. It is set back , so the ear does not protrude. Newborns cartilage is soft and can be reshaped using custom made molds. However, this will not wok for children or adults. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
How early can ear surgery be performed? My toddler has floppy ears, and i know that we are going to want to have ear surgery done to pin back his ears. Can this be done before he starts preschool?
How long is post-surgery recovery for ear surgery for pinning ears? I have been embarrassed about my protruding ears since i was a child and am thinking about having ear surgery to pin them back. I don't want to have a long recovery period though, because
Below: The new earFold implant is a curved strip of flexible metal that is placed under the skin on the front of the ear. It works by gripping the cartilage and folding it back into a predetermined shape, pulling the ear closer to the head This is a minor procedure in the office does not require sedation, can be done under local. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the fastest way to loweer my bp i am having brain surgery soon?
- What is a hole like thing on the bottom of my foot?
- Why is my skin so sore to the touch like my whole body is bruised?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- The toe next to my big to is red swollen and painful to touch what do i do
- What is the best way to clean my vagina daily?
- What is the cause of my outer ear pain when i sleep?
- What should the back of my throat look like?
- What causes my ears to pop and feel almost like water is in them?