Doctor insights on:
What Is The Scientific Name Of The Organism That Causes Hepatitis C
Hepatitis is an inflammatory condition of the liver. Almost all cases are caused by viruses, including most commonly hepatitis a, hepatitis b, and hepatitis c, or by toxins (eg alcohol). The liver swells, it doesn't work properly leading to a failure to detoxify some biochemical substances, and a failure to excrete bilirubin, leading to jaundice. Some cases are fatal, ...Read more
Cause of Hepatitis C: This is one of the viruses that cause inflammation and prolonged damage to the liver. The main viruses are given alphabet labels to distinguish them from each other. Hepatiits a is food and water born and some oral ingestion. Hepatitis b is at high risk in blood and body fluid transmission . And hep c is found predominantly in the drug using populations, especially injectors. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Hep C: Most Hep C is caused by blood exchange such as transfusions or contaminated needles (IV drug use). Infection through mucous membranes can occur but is less frequent. There is also vertical transmission - mother to child through delivery (2%). Although infrequent, tattooing and breast feeding, can also spread Hep C. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Autoimmune: No test is perfect. Every test has a false positive and false negative rate. Any condition that leads to lots of antibody production, like autoimmune diseases, can lead to false positive tests. In hcv, antibody response is not as important as viral load since about 25% of people will be truly infected but clear it themselves. Everyone with hcv antibodies needs an hcv RNA test for active infection. ...Read more
Absolutely: Hepatitis c is the number one reason people need a liver transplant in the us. It is estimated that about a third of people with hepatitis c will eventually develop severe liver damage. But it can take 20 to 40 years for cirrhosis to develop. The most important things to do are to stop drinking alcohol and discuss your need for treatment, taking into account all the new drugs in development. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Hepatitis c is a virus that replicates (makes copies of itself) in the human liver. People can be infected by exposure to even very small amounts of blood. Over 20 to 40 years it can cause scarring of the liver, and severe scarring is called cirrhosis. People can be tested for exposure with an antibody test. If that is positive, they need a test for the virus itself ...Read more
1. An individual form of life, such as a plant, animal, bacterium, protist, or fungus; a body made up of organs, organelles, or other parts that work together to carry on the various processes of life. 2. A system regarded as analogous in its structure or functions to a living ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the scientific name of the organism that causes hepatitis b?
- What is the scientific name of the microorganism that causes hepititis b?
- Is there a name of the organism that causes meningococcal disease?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the name of the bacteria that causes lyme disease?
- What is the name of the virus that causes polio?
- What is the name of the bacteria that causes cholera?
- What ihe name of the pathogen that causes hepatitis b?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online