Doctor insights on:
What Is The Scientific Name For Listeria
Common, also in USA: Listeria is a serous illness spread by contaminated food. It causes fever, muscle aches, diarrhea and miscarriages/premature birth. Experts think the disease is under diagnosed worldwide; it is found on all 5 continents tested- in cities and rural areas. It is not prevented by refrigeration. Cdc prevention guidelines http://1.Usa.Gov/szwfyw can help you minimize your chance of contracting it. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Listeria: Although entering the body almost always via the foodborne route, listeria can cause serious, life-threatening infection of the meninges especially in persons with immune defects such as from cancer chemotherapy and organ transplantation. In pregnant women, it can infect the placenta and the fetus and cause death of the fetus. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: Listeriosis is a food borne illness caused by the listeria bacteria. Wash your hands after you handle hot dogs. Avoid cross-contaminating fluid from hot dogs packages with utensils or food prep surfaces. Ensure that hot dogs or luncheon meats you eat have been reheated to the point that they are steaming hot. Avoid soft cheeses blue-veined cheeses; and mexican-style cheeses. Avoid eating >. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends: If you are a child or a pregnant woman, then you may want to go ahead and notify your physician. If you are an otherwise healthy adult, you may wait to see if you develop vomiting and diarrhea before notifying your physician. Just because a food is recalled doesn't mean that the food you ate is contaminated. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the scientific name for down syndrome?
- What is the scientific name for hyperthyroidism?
- What is the name of a phobia for a fear of public or dirty bathrooms?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the scientific name of the organism that causes hepatitis b?
- What is the scientific name of the organism that causes hepatitis c?
- What is the name of the machine that bends your knee for physical therapy?
- What is the scientific name of the bird flu germ?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free