Doctor insights on:
What Is The Scientific Name For Listeria
Does all canned luncheon meat like SPAM harbor listeria? Ate product made with it meant to be cold never warmed. I'm 34w today.
Listeria risks: It can be very difficult to know if a food is contaminated or not with bacteria. For that, mostly, we have to trust the FDA and food inspectors. That said, certain clues can help us avoid foodborne illness. Smell and taste obviously. Also "age" of something after it was opened. Spam direct from can was OK but if it's been in the fridge for a while, toss it. Listeria can grow in the refrigerator. ...Read more
Can listeria develop on spoiled food that wasn't previously infected, or does it have to have already been present before the spoilage occurred?
Listeria: See you are pregnant. Listeriosis is a food borne illness caused by the listeria bacteria. The incidence of listeriosis in pregnancy is 12 per 100, 000. Thus it is a rare disease. Listeria is found commonly in nature. So it can be hard to avoid being exposed to it. Food could become cross contaminated in your kitchen. Wash your hands after you handle hot dogs. Avoid cross-contaminating fluid from. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the scientific name for hyperthyroidism?
- What is ovarian cancer scientific name?
- What is the scientific name for down syndrome?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the scientific name of the bird flu germ?
- What is the scientific name of the organism that causes hepatitis c?
- What is the scientific name of the organism that causes hepatitis b?
- Scientific name for bacteria
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free