Doctor insights on:
What Is The Role Of T4 Helper Cells In The Immune System
Neg.Hiv, after 23 months post exposure..Recently wanted to check my immune status, to find out i got low lymphocytes t4, t8..Doc ordered HIV PCR ! why ?
Complex: Many ways immune system is involved. Prevalent theory that "immune surveillance" is keeping cancers from developing in healthy people. That is one reason why cancers are more prevalent as we age. Also why certain cancers are found in high incidence in people with immune suppression (aids, organ transplant recipients, etc). Newer therapies also use some parts of the immune system to work. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Your hyperactive...: Your hyperactive immune system is reacting aberrantly to microbial debris from your gut. Some strong genetic tendencies trigger this autoimmune response! ...Read more
Very complicated: Latest info suggests an inborn genetic susceptibility with environmental triggering events. The basic pathology causes the immune system to mistake brain and spinal cord myelin as a foreign entity. Data regarding grey matter involvement is starting to explain much of what is occurring. All current meds target lymphocyte trafficking, (t cells), but the b cell research is exciting. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Possibly: As the other physicians have already mentioned, bacterial vaginosis occurs when "bad bacteria" outnumber the "good bacteria" that normally are present in the vagina.Certain cells and antibodies (mainly of the IgA class) help protect the vagina. However, douching, wiping from the anus to the vagina after bowel movements and multiple sex partners are all factors that increase BV. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Doormen: I tell my patients that tonsils are like doorman at a fancy hotel. They are there to alert the body to "what's coming in". They say to mr. Pea and mr. Carrot come on in and to mr. Bacteria and mr. Virus they say please have a seat over here while they contact the bodies police department. Sometimes however these "doorman" become lazy, fat and criminals. At that point they the body more harm than good and we fire them. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the role of antigens in the immune system?
- What part of the immune system is involved in organ rejection?
- What is the result of stool test for white blood cells in gastroenteritis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the role of lactic acid in muscle metabolism?
- What is the cluster of nerve cell bodies outside the central nervous system?
- What do white blood cells do in the immune system?
- What role does fiber play in the health of the digestive system?
- Talk to a immunologist online for free