Doctor insights on:
What Is The Result Of Vaginal P H In Trichomonas Vulvovaginitis
Infection: This is a vaginal infection caused by a flagellate protozoa that is usually caused by trichomonas vaginalis. This infection can occur in men as well. It is sometimes (mostly) obtained by sexual contact. It is easily treated with the appropriate medication. See your doctor to make sure are diagnosed and treated properly. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
The normal ph of a vagina of a reproductive aged female is acidic. Estrogen stimulates the vagina to be thick and moist and this fosters the growth of healthy lactobacilli which causes the ph to be acidic. Sometimes other bacteria grow which changes the ph to basic and causes an odor and irritation. Sometimes probiotics can be taken to support ...Read more
Vaginal swab result
direct smear: no trichomonas
gram stain : epithelial cells positive cocci and positive bacilli..Is it normal?
Highly unlikely: It is a sexually transmitted disease.Get a more detailed answer ›
Trichomoniasis: S an std caused by the trichomonas vaginalis parasite. Approximately 70% of people w trichomoniaisis infection are asymptomatic. Men can experience penile discharge, burning after urination, discomfort after ejaculation ; itching/ sensitivity of urethra. A trichomoniasis vaginalis parasitic infection can lead to frothing, greenish-yellow, malodorous vaginal discharge. Women may have pain w. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Nuvaring: The NuvaRing birth control method has a great side effect. It keeps the vagina in a normal ph range. This really helps people who are suffering from recurrent BV and or yeast. There is also an over the counter vaginal ph cream called rephresh. Food and dietary changes are unlikely to help. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Trichomonas vulvovaginitis vaginal ph
- What is the result of vaginal ph in candida vulvovaginitis?
- Trichomonas vulvovaginitis vaginal discharge
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is vaginal discharge a symptom of trichomonas vulvovaginitis?
- Is vaginal odor a symptom of trichomonas vulvovaginitis?
- What is the result of vaginal ph in bacterial vaginosis?
- Trichomonas vulvovaginitis
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free