Doctor insights on:
What Is The Result Of Throat Culture For Fungus In Oral Thrush
Oral thrush is also known as Thrush. Oral thrush is a condition in which there is too much candida yeast growth on the surfaces in the mouth or throat. The yeast overgrowth areas appear as whitish spots or patches, or in more severe cases a whitish coating covering most of the ...Read more
Sinus discharge: Without a clinical examination it is difficult nto tell what your problem is but typically a mucus discharge down the back of the throat is more typically related to sinus issues. Oral candidiasis (thrush) more typically presents a red or white patches in the on the cheeks, tongue, and back of the throat. There is typically not a discharge associated with thrush. Please see your physician. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I am 59 years old and had a bad case of oral thrush in my throat this winter. For the first time in my life have developed dry mouth are they related?
On remicade & advair. Can oral thrush (canidida) get into lungs from an infection on tongue & throat? Have unexplained high fever also now levaquin
Exposure Africa.2 yrs ago. Hiv 1&2 Duo x11. Been donating blood 3 times. All Neg. continued oral thrush/throat sym, neuropathy legs.Rare strain? Help.
Urban myth: There are no "rare strains" of HIV not diagnosed by the duo test. And oral thrush plus neuropathy-like symptoms would never be the only manifestations of an HIV infection. Infected people typically have either no symptoms or lots of them, not just one or two that show up on lists of HIV/AIDS symptoms. Stop obsesssing on HIV and work with your doctor about other explanations. Good luck. ...Read more
This is usually done when a throat infection is suspected. One will take a swab of the throat and then place the swab in culture medium. This will then be grown on a culture plate to determine if/what type of bacteria is causing the infection. Both viruses and bacteria ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the result of stool culture positive for listeria in listeria?
- What is the result of koh prep of oral scraping in oral thrush?
- What is the result of stool test for white blood cells in gastroenteritis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the result of urine culture in sepsis?
- What is the result of ultrasound for fetal size in macrosomia?
- What is the result of blood culture in group b streptococcal infection?
- What is the result of blood culture in listeria?
- Talk to a dermatologist online