Doctor insights on:
What Is The Result Of Stool Culture Positive For Listeria In Listeria
Not sure!: In brief, if giardia was cultured, it is consistent with giardia infection (giardiasis)- see http://www.Emedicinehealth.Com/giardiasis/article_em.Htm however, giardia are generally detectable (as trophozoites and cysts) by simple microscopic evaluation. For early infection eia antigen-antibody based test may be needed. However, giardia culture are practiced rarely in research setting. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
The stool culture shows positive result for yersinia, butanswer from the hospital is: no treatment is needed.Isn't yersinia dangerous?
What strain: If you show signs of bubonic plague caused by Yersinia pestis (acral gangrene, chills, general ill feeling, high fever, muscle cramps, seizures, smooth, painful lymph gland swelling called a bubo), then i would seek further treatment. Not all strains of Yersinia are pathogenic (disease causing). Yersinia pseudotuberculosis rarely causes disease. Like e. Coli, not all strains are pathogenic. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I am experiencing loose bowel for 2 days. Stool culture result showed no sign of salmonella, shigella or other vibro groups. Pus cells high.
My 5 week old was dx with entrovirus. He also had a positive lactoferrin stool culture. His ammonia level was 80. Could this be a metabolic disorder?
Unlikely: A severe infection such as adenovirus before the immune system has matured at about 2 mo. puts a great strain on the body's metabolism, likely sufficient to raise the ammonia level. It most likely will disappear as he recovers. The lactoferrin just indicates that he had significant inflammation of his intestines from the adenovirus. Urine for organic acids is a good metabolic screening test. ...Read more
Hospital or clinic: Depends on the resources available. Hospitals are usually be able to do this. Otherwise, the stool is shipped off to larger facility that has the capability of doing it. Expect it to take several day though- it takes time to isolate and row certain bad bacteria. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the result of blood culture in listeria?
- What is the result of stool test for white blood cells in gastroenteritis?
- What is the result of throat culture for fungus in oral thrush?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the result of chlamydia culture positive in chlamydia?
- What is the result of pcr for chlamydia positive in chlamydia?
- What is the result of ultrasound for pregnancy in cystic hygroma?
- What is the result of urine culture in sepsis?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free