Doctor insights on:
What Is The Result Of Blood Platelet Count In Hellp Syndrome
Otherwise healthy 9y/o blood platelet count is 41,000. Drew blood again, waiting on results. If still low, what tests will dr order next?
ITP / TTP WORKUP: Test that evaluate the immune system and Splenetic function. Probably refer you to a pediatric hematologist ...Read more
That's silly: People make this sort of thing up as entertainment and put it online to sound learned and attract people who aren't discerning. I know the website where you read this and they simply fabricate their 'scare' and 'healthy eating' stuff. If you have low platelets, it can be very serious. A competent physician should be caring for you if you're thrombocytopenic. ...Read more
Many possibilities: Causes are: 1) errors in collection/ handling of blood specimen 2) drugs /medicines including some over the counter 3) immune reactions to infections- viral / bacterial or to autoimmune illnesses such as lupus, etc 4) advanced liver disease from hep c or others 5) bone marrow damage from invading cancer, marrow fibrosis, leukemia 6) disseminated clotting from various causes 7) other things. ...Read more
It depends: How elevated and underlying cause. If it is more than 1 million, it can cause thrombotic complications. If it is caused by a hematologic disorder, you have a higher chance of complication. ...Read more
My blood platelet count is 3.98lacs/cu mm 150000-450000/cu mm.Does it mean I have low platelet count?
Normal range: Usually 150 - 450000 counts are in normal range as you quote. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the result of inr in hellp syndrome?
- Blood platelet count and preeclampsia
- Blood platelet count and measles
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the result of blood platelet count in high risk pregnancy?
- Blood test results high platelet count
- What is the result of liver function tests abnormal in hellp syndrome?
- What is low blood platelet count?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free