Doctor insights on:
What Is The Relative Strength Of Phytoestrogen Cream Compared To Estrogen Cream
I'm looking for a natural remedy to sooth and heal external vaginal burning/itching due to low estrogen. I don't want to use estrogen cream. Thanks!
Atrophic vaginitis: It's tough to find a topical substitute for Premarin or Estradiol cream for use on atrophic vaginitis. You could dry KY long lasting to improve overall moisture and intake of soy, which is a phytoestrogen may have a slight effect. Just make sure your gyn has ruled out lichen sclerosis and infection as the possible cause. Estradiol cream by the way is actually made from soy beans. ...Read more
Helps the dryness: Estrogen cream is given to help menopausal women with vaginal dryness and other local effects of menopause while avoiding the whole body effects of an estrogen pill. However, limited amounts of the estrogen in the cream may be absorbed. Women with breast cancer should check with their oncologist prior to taking estrogen cream. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I am approaching 70 and have been using estrogen cream off & on for a year. Would it be ok to take tablets instead of the cream?
Little: Probably little to none because the amount absorbed is likely low. But if we assume he uses alot of it, effects could be feminizing such as breast growth. I've not seen this studied specifically. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the best thing to put on a face rash stop face cream?
- What is the best skin cream to use for baby eczema?
- What is the purpose of retin a cream?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the right age to start using anti aging cream?
- What is the nutritional value of dried cranberries compared to fresh cranberries?
- What is the best time of day to take baby aspirin?
- What is recommended to get rid of ingrown hair folicles of the vaginal area?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free