Doctor insights on:
What Is The Relationship Between Renal Failure And Compression Syndrome
The kidneys do several tasks. Dialysis is necessary when one or more of the following occur, that can't be remedied or palliated with medications: 1. Insufficient clearance of daily toxins in food and metabolic waste 2. Insufficient clearance of excess water 3. Dangerous electrolyte imbalance, ...Read more
If someone has depression & restless leg syndrome due to renal failure, what type of antidepressant is best. Dopamine agonist, ssri, benzo, or combo.
The time duration: Chronic renal failure, or chronic kidney disease as it is now referred to, is kidney damage or reduction in kidney function that persists for 3 or more months. Anything less than that duration is "acute". These definitions apply regardless of the cause of kidney disease. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Renal failure: Acute renal failure: seen in a healthy person who develops an illness (e.g. hemolytic uremic syndrome [in children] or septic shock and multiple organ dysfunction) that leads to renal failure. Often it resolves. End-stage renal disease implies that the problem has been there for weeks/months, is not going to resolve and the person may need kidney transplant ...Read more
Terminology: Many physicians including nephrologists will use the terms chronic renal failure, chronic renal insufficiency, and chronic kidney disease interchangeably. Some will use the term "insufficiency" when the chronicity or the severity of the renal disease is not clear but in most instances, they are synonymous. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the difference between renal failure and kidney disease?
- What is the difference between heart failure and congestive heart failure?
- What is the difference between toxic shock syndrome and sepsis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the relationship between allergy and cold sores?
- What is the difference between left heart failure and right heart failure?
- What is the relationship between typhoid fever and bradycardia?
- What is the difference between congenital and congestive heart failure?
- Talk to a nephrologist online for free