Doctor insights on:
Adult Fibrosarcoma Survival Rate
Presence of lesion: The fibrosarcomas present as part of a tumor spectrum starting with plantar and palmar fibromatosis and extending to dermatofibrosarcoma protuberance, desmoid and then low and high grade fibrosarcoma. The pathology may look aggressive in the earlier lesion but does not metastasize until fully malignant. fibrosarcoma. No symptoms other than mass. ...Read more
Yes and no: Small tumors can be surgically resected then treated with radiation to "clean up" any malignant cells that may have remained, giving an excellent outcome. Radiation by itself generally cannot cure such tumors by itself, although my experience tells me angiosarcoma responds better than fibrosarcoma. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No relationship: Biliary atresia is a condition in the young where the bile duct system of the liver closes down destroying liver function and leading to cirrhosis. Fibrosarcoma is a soft tissue lesion primary found as a mass arising in muscle tissue which best responds to surgical resection, but left alone will metastasize to organs like the lung. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
It depends : The outlook for children with fibrosarcoma depends on their age. Infants have a better prognosis, partially because their tumors tend to be more responsive to chemotherapy. Older children and adolescents are treated primarily with surgery and radiation; their outlook depends on the tumor's location and whether it can be completely removed. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
It depends: Fibrosarcoma is a type of cancer. That diagnosis is given based on how it looks under the microscope when the pathologist examines it. It can occur either in bone or in soft tissues, so it can be a bone cancer. If it occurs in bone, the treatment is chemotherapy and surgical removal of the tumor. If it occurs in the soft tissues, then surgical removal is done, but chemotherapy is controversial. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the most effective way to get rid of a nail biting habit for an adult?
- What is the survival rate of stomach cancer in its early stage?
- What is the rate of survival for people who develop septic shock?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the rate of survival for carcinoid syndrome?
- What is the survival rate of people who have asterosytomas in the brain?
- What is the temperature for a fever in adults?
- What is the rate of survival with a wilms tumor?
- Talk to an oncologist and hematologist online for free