Doctor insights on:
What Is The Prognosis For Cardiomyopathy
What is the prognosis for cardiomyopathy from hypothyroidism? Im not sure I have either, could be my anxiety but i get chest pains often, winded quickly
Typically not good: There are several causes of restrictive cardiomyopathy, so the prognosis is variable, but is typically limited due to progression of heart failure and potential for heart rhythm problems. Depending on the cause, there are certain medications and other therapies available. Some people may be able to pursue heart transplantation, depending on the cause. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Clinical Trial Now: Use of adult mesenchymal stem-stromal cells (mscs) are currently in clinical trial in us/internationally. Trend is toward use of fat derived mscs, havested by liposuction, isolated and concentrated in tissue culture. Early reports suggest significant improvement in neurological, autoimmune and organ functions. Many more mscs in fat than bone marrow making ad-msc the center of most research now. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Generally poor: Stage 4 dilated cadiomyopathy has a generally poor prognosis with the two year survival being about 20-40% at best. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the prognosis for people with restrictive cardiomyopathy?
- What is the prognosis for an incomplete bundle branch block?
- What is the prognosis for triple negative breast cancer?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the life expectancy for a people with cardiomyopathy?
- What is the current prognosis for cyclic vomiting syndrome?
- What is the prognosis for coarctation of the aorta?
- What is the best treatment for chronic cardiomyopathy?
- Talk to a cardiologist online