Doctor insights on:
What Is The Process Of An Open Heart Surgery
Heart Surgery: Open heart surgery can mean CABG (bypass surgery), valve surgery, and more. Each process is quite different and complicated. In many cases, the patient receives their anesthesia, the chest is opened and prepared, and the patient is put on a heart lung bypass machine and the surgery is performed, followed by reversal of the steps. In many cases, the surgery can occur while the heart is beating, too. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Open intervention on the heart to correct congenital cardiac anomalies, repair replace heart valves, ascending aortic dissection repair, coronary bypass, heart transplant, surgical removal of heart tumors, ventricular assist devices, cox maze procedures to cure atrial fibrillation, repair of trauma to the heart. Repair of iatrogenic injuries to heart, heart-lung ...Read more
Open heart surgery: This can be any disease process requiring access to the heart or central blood vessels for fixing. Coronary artery disease - bypass surgery, valvular narrowing or leaking - valve replacement., closing of abnormal holes between chambers -vsd or asd, correction of congenital abnormalities. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What to do if i'm worried about an open heart surgery. Are there non invasive ways of performing such operations?
Depends: Some problems can be addressed in some patients without surgery. Sometimes one approach is likely to be safer or have better results. Talk to your doctor. ...Read more
When i was 4 years old i underwent an open heart surgery to close an opening in the heart and the surgery was successful but few months ago...
Please cont your ?: That was 28 years ago. Now what? ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the typical recovery period after an open heart surgery?
- What are the causes of an acute renal failure after open heart surgery?
- What is the significance of an extra heart valve?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the average recovery time of an ac joint surgery?
- What is open heart surgery like for an infant or a toddler?
- What is the average heart rate of an endurance athletes?
- What is the time line on the progression of heart bypass surgery?
- Talk to a cardiologist online