Doctor insights on:
What Is The Procedure To Remove A Sebaceous Cyst
A cyst is a structure or mass that consists of a cellular lined sac. It is typically filled with fluid but may be filled with solid material. It can be congenital, traumatic, or acquired. They may develop nearly anywhere in the body and usually require complete excision for eradication or they are likely to recur. Fluid filled sacs that are not cellular lined ...Read more
Incision/hypercation: Sebaceous cysts are nasty. They need to be cut out and the 'coating' around them needs to be carefully removed or it will return. Skin tags are easy. They can be scrapped off, cyrofreezed off with liquid nitrogen or burned off with an electrical current. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Not a good idea...: Sebaceous cysts need to be excised in their entirety, including the area of skin which is involved. You risk pain, bleeding, scarring, infection and other problems if you try and take care of them at home. It is generally easy to excise them with appropriate training and equipment and it can usually be done in the office. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Minor Surgery: A non-infected sebaceous cyst is removed under local anesthesia through a small incision placed over the cyst. The cyst needs to be removed whole to prevent recurrence, so the incision is about the length of the cyst. The sooner it is removed, the smaller the incision. Infected cysts are lanced and can be excised after the infection has healed. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends,,,: If it is small, unclogging it can be done (like squeezing out a blackhead) but it will almost always recur, as the lining is intact. It may also become infected. Complete removal of the cyst and its lining will prevent recurrence but, of necessity, will leave a small scar. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the best and safest way to remove a cyst that is just under the skin?
- What is the surgical procedure for removing a sebaceous cyst and skin tag?
- What is recovery time after surgery to remove a dermoid cyst?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the usual recovery time after brain surgery to remove a tumor?
- What is the incision of the renal pelvis to remove a stone?
- What is the best procedure to treat a cavernous hemangioma of spinal cord?
- Is there a surgical procedure to remove fluid from the abdomen?
- Talk to a dermatologist online