Doctor insights on:
What Is The Popping I Hear After Knee Replacement Surgery
Knee immobilizer: Depends on the surgeon. But most surgeons do not use the knee immobilizer after surgery. ...Read more
When will i be able to walk after knee replacement? How soon after knee replacement surgery will i be able to walk on my own?
When will i be able to walk after knee replacement? How soon after knee replacement surgery will i be able to walk on my own.
6 weeks: All depend of the surgeon protocol and what kind of total knee was done.In general you should be able to start walkink with a walker 2d day after surgery with partial wb.You could be walking on your own probably after 4 to 6 weeks. ...Read more
No!: Knee replacement surgery can be done with various types of anesthesia: spinal, epidural, nerve blocks, and general anesthesia. Only GA involves a breathing tube which might irritate the airway. So knee replacement carries a low risk for hoarseness. However, it is rare even with GA. The breathing tube is a smooth flexible plastic. Experienced anesthesiologists use them all the time w/o problems. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Lots of things: Ice it a lot. Get a knee sleeve ice machine and use it when ever you are sitting down or resting for the first 6-12 weeks. I can't stress how much these ice machine sleeves help. Bregg makes a great machine. I believe it is called polar tec. Do lots of isometric quadriceps contractions. Elevate it when your not walking around. Ice after any activity for 10-20 minutes. Where a compression sock. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Knee popping after surgery
- Popping in knee after meniscus surgery
- Knee popping after acl surgery
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How soon can i fly after knee replacement surgery?
- Will i still be able to box after getting knee replacement surgery
- Numbness after knee replacement surgery
- Running after knee replacement surgery
- Talk to a orthopedic reconstructive surgeon online for free