Doctor insights on:
What Is The Normal Variability For A Blood Glucose Meter
The blood sugar concentration or blood glucose level is the amount of glucose (sugar) present in the blood of a human or animal. The body naturally tightly regulates blood glucose levels as a part of metabolic homeostasis. Glucose is the primary source of energy for the body's cells, and blood lipids (in the form of fats and oils) are primarily ...Read more
Information: The norma range is 80-110 mg%.Get a more detailed answer ›
Quite a lot: Fasting sugars range from 70mg to 100mg. After meals the sugar levels go up substantially anywhere from 100mg to 140mg...So there is a lot of variation among different folks' sugar levels based on what they eat and how their body handles the sugar in the body. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Below 140: But there are a lot of variables that can affect this - how long ago someone ate, how much they ate, the mix of carbs, fat, and protein, as well as the mix of simple and complex carbs. For this reason, a fasting blood sugar is preferred for determine whether or not someone has diabetes. ...Read more
FBS: Hello - 70 to 100 for fasting blood sugars. ...Read more
Normal random level: The expected random glucose in a toddler would be expected to range from 60-100. Sampling issues are a problem in this age group because surface contamination of the skin may cause elevations . Adequate site preparation prior to sampling reduces potential for errors. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is a normal blood glucose range?
- What is the normal range for blood glucose?
- What is the normal level of glucose in the blood?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Glucose meter
- What are the normal ranges for blood glucose levels?
- What is a normal range for fasting blood glucose levels?
- What is the normal blood glucose level range?
- Talk to a endocrinologist online for free