Doctor insights on:
What Is The Normal Range For Blood Sugar
The blood sugar concentration or blood glucose level is the amount of glucose (sugar) present in the blood of a human or animal. The body naturally tightly regulates blood glucose levels as a part of metabolic homeostasis. Glucose is the primary source of energy for the body's cells, and blood lipids (in the form of fats and oils) are primarily ...Read more
Below 140: But there are a lot of variables that can affect this - how long ago someone ate, how much they ate, the mix of carbs, fat, and protein, as well as the mix of simple and complex carbs. For this reason, a fasting blood sugar is preferred for determine whether or not someone has diabetes. ...Read more
Information: The norma range is 80-110 mg%.Get a more detailed answer ›
<140/<80 mmHg: <140/<80 mmhg.Get a more detailed answer ›
Ful-term baby: 40-150, preemie 30-150.Get a more detailed answer ›
Depends . . .: If fasting, 60-99mg/dl is considered normal. 100-125mg/dl is impaired fasting and 125mg/dl or greater on two separate occasions defines diabetes. Random >200mg/dl plus symptoms also defines diabetes. Think of blood sugar like speedometer in car which varies all time depending upon road conditions. Average speed is akin to hemoglobin a1c which is average sugar over last 3 months, ideally <5.7%. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the normal range for blood sugar level?
- What is the normal fasting blood sugar range for adults?
- What is the normal fasting blood sugar level range?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the normal blood sugar range for a diabetic?
- What is the normal range of blood sugar in humans?
- What is the normal range for blood sugar levels?
- What is the normal range for blood sugar in pregnancy?
- Talk to a endocrinologist online for free