Doctor insights on:
What Is The Normal High Blood Pressure
Blood pressure is a measurement of the force placed on the blood vessels and is comprised of the "systolic" pressure (the top number on a blood pressure meter) which is the peak pressure when the heart is pumping, and the "diastolic" pressure (the bottom number on a blood pressure meter) which is the pressure during the resting phase ...Read more
That depends: It depends on many factors. For example in diabetics it is a standard of care that they be on certain types of blood pressure medication even if their BP is normal. In patients who have had strokes or heart attacks there are medications that have been shown to potentially reduce the risk of subsequent such events and it behooves the patient to stay on medications. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Can you have high blood pressure even if your blood pressure is normal mines is 108/78 weight 238 pounds and 24 yrs old?
Well: to have high blood pressure you have to, you know, have high blood pressure. So, if you have normal blood pressure, it isn't high and therefore you don't have high blood pressure. Because high would be defined as, you know, something greater than normal. But what you say you have is normal blood pressure. Yet you ask about whether being normal can also mean being high. So - are you? ...Read more
My grandmas blood pressure is 205bp, she does have high blood pressure. is this normal for someone with high blood pressure?
No: A level of 205 is quite high and most important is whether your grandma has any symptoms with this and whether this was a single reading or if it is persistently greater than 170. Be sure to get your grandma to the doctor this week! ...Read more
Should I worry about very high blood pressure if it is only occasionally in certain situations and normal by the time I get home? (240/135)
I am having high blood pressure and I get to where I have "attacks" where my blood pressure shoots up at times and is normal at times ?
Is it normal to always have a consistent high blood pressure? What the cause? And what is the best practice to reduce it. Thanks
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the leading cause of high blood pressure in children?
- What is the relationship between high blood pressure and eye sight?
- What is the best treatment for high blood pressure?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the number 1 way to prevent getting chronic high blood pressure?
- What is the best treatment for moderate high blood pressure?
- What is the normal blood pressure for men over 50?
- What is the best treatment for severe high blood pressure?
- Talk to a cardiologist online