Doctor insights on:
What Is The Normal Hb A1c Range
Below 5.7: Current guidelines suggest a hba1c of 6.5 or higher can be used to diagnose diabetes, and that levels of 5.7 to 6.4 can indicate "pre-diabetes". There is still some debate about whether using an A1c is the best way to look for diabetes. In general we identify and diagnose diabetes too late in our country and many times damage already exists when the diagnosis is first given. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
HbA1C 5.4 (<5.5 normal). FBS 5.3 ( <6.0 normal) with last meal 14 hours before test. Family hx of diabetes. Is FBS too high? At risk range? Thnx.
My sugar blood test =101 after 12 h fasting and the hba1c =5.3 , I am so much worry about this , should I be ? Labs says that normal range is 75-115 ?
Good control: The goal is an a1c of less than 7 and that correlates to a 90 day average blood sugar of 150 or less. Recent studies indicated that an a1c of 6 was not better than 7 for preventing complications of diabetes but was associated with increased episodes of low blood sugar which can be dangerous. ...Read more
Good for you: The ranges are set to include most but not all healthy folks. I would not be at all concerned -- in fact, as a lab physician / pathologist, i'd urge you simply to ignore any lab that's not clearly out of kilter unless there's a specific reason for concern. ...Read more
Hi, my report says fasting sugar 97, pp 87 and hba1c 6.8%. Anything wrong or not normal? Please advice.....
Don't make sense: Your fasting and post-meal glucoses do not correspond to an elevated a1c of 6.8. Something is not correct with the testing or how the lab was done, and it should be repeated. Also, if the diuretic you're taking is hctz, it should be stopped, as it can worsen Insulin resistance and increase lipids. Other diuretics are better if one is needed. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the normal range of hba1c?
- What is the normal range for iron levels in women?
- What is the range of normal gestation for humans?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the normal range for a cea test?
- What does it mean when your ldl cholesterol level is below the normal range?
- What is the normal range for thyroid levels?
- What is the normal range for alkaline phosphatase levels?
- Talk to a diabetes specialist online for free