Doctor insights on:
What Is The Normal Blood Sugar Level For Adults
• I am diabetic since 5 years,for the last 5 years my fasting blood glucose in between 125-134 mg/dL and my blood sugar level two hours after eati?
No specific question: The fasting blood sugar results you are providing do indeed point to diabetes. Are you under the care of a physician and being treated for the diabetes? If you are on medication I would advise that you follow up with your physician to discuss your results. Heed the lifestyle advice that your doctor gives you, changing your diet and exercising will greatly affect you long term outcome. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
The blood sugar concentration or blood glucose level is the amount of glucose (sugar) present in the blood of a human or animal. The body naturally tightly regulates blood glucose levels as a part of metabolic homeostasis. Glucose is the primary source of energy for the body's cells, and blood lipids (in the form of fats and oils) are primarily ...Read more
What is the normal blood sugar level for a 4year old child? I think my grandson may have a issue with his. It may be on the high side.
Normal : Normal blood sugar levels are higher in young children than they are in adults. 100 mg/dl to 200mg/dl is considered normal with a fasting glucose at the lower end. If you are concerned about your grandchild's blood sugar level, you should contact your grandchild's doctor. Depending on his symptoms, the doctor may want to check his blood and urine in a lab, also. Good luck! ...Read more
Blood sugar: Mean level is 5.5mmol/l or 100mg./dl. , although it fluctuates during the day where it rises after meals. The normal fasting level is 70-100 mg./dl. If not fasting, the level should not exceed 125 mg./dl. For diabetics, the level should be 70-130 fasting, or less than 180 after meals. ...Read more
Under 180mg: Blood sugar leevels go up after eating but typically remain under the threshold level of 180mg, above which kidney can not handle the sugar which begins to show up in the urine. That would be abnormal and indication of glucose intolerance, in other words suggestive of diabetes. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is normal blood sugar levels for adults?
- What is the normal sugar level in adults?
- What is the normal sugar level in blood?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is a normal level of sugar in the blood?
- What is the normal fasting blood sugar range for adults?
- What is the normal range of blood sugar in an adult?
- What is a normal blood sugar count in adults?
- Talk to a diabetes specialist online for free