Doctor insights on:
What Is The Normal Blood Sugar Level For A Diabetic
The blood sugar concentration or blood glucose level is the amount of glucose (sugar) present in the blood of a human or animal. The body naturally tightly regulates blood glucose levels as a part of metabolic homeostasis. Glucose is the primary source of energy for the body's cells, and blood lipids (in the form of fats and oils) are primarily ...Read more
Information: The norma range is 80-110 mg%.Get a more detailed answer ›
See below: Normal blood sugar varies by the timing of eating. Fasting levels run between 65-100mg(normal people) . Post eating the values go up between 100mg to 180mg(normal individuals). Diabetetics will have values slightly higher than in normal people. Cholesterol level should be under 200mg. But it is important to obtain a lipid profile whic includes levels of all fats including triglycerides, ldl/hdl. ...Read more
Depends...: People who do not have diabetes typically have fasting plasma blood glucose levels that run under 126 mg/dl. In general, high blood glucose, also called 'hyperglycemia', is considered "high" when it is 160 mg/dl and above. If you have diabetes, your physician will define your target blood glucose that is as close to normal as possible that you can safely achieve given your overall medical health. ...Read more
Quite a lot: Fasting sugars range from 70mg to 100mg. After meals the sugar levels go up substantially anywhere from 100mg to 140mg...So there is a lot of variation among different folks' sugar levels based on what they eat and how their body handles the sugar in the body. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Information: 80- 120 mb% depending on the lab. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the normal blood sugar level for non diabetics?
- Normal blood sugar levels for diabetics
- What is the normal blood sugar for a diabetic?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Normal blood sugar levels for non diabetics
- What is a normal blood sugar level?
- What is a normal level of sugar in the blood?
- What should the blood sugar level be for a diabetic?
- Talk to a endocrinologist online for free