Doctor insights on:
What Is The Normal Blood Glucose Level
The blood sugar concentration or blood glucose level is the amount of glucose (sugar) present in the blood of a human or animal. The body naturally tightly regulates blood glucose levels as a part of metabolic homeostasis. Glucose is the primary source of energy for the body's cells, and blood lipids (in the form of fats and oils) are primarily ...Read more
Information: 80- 120 mb% depending on the lab. ...Read more
See below: Fasting blood sugar normally is between 70-90 mg. Any reading of 100 or over is considered abnormal. After eating blood sugar levels will typically go up above 100mg but rarely go up higher than 150-160mg. If it is going up above 180mg, it is abnormal and you may be heading for diabetes.Fasting blood sugars between 100 to 125 mg are borderline high, called prediabetes, require attention. ...Read more
Below 100: Same as non pregnant women.Get a more detailed answer ›
Ful-term baby: 40-150, preemie 30-150.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the normal blood glucose level in adults?
- What is the normal level of glucose in the blood?
- What is the normal blood glucose level range?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the normal blood sugar level for pregnant women?
- What is the normal blood sugar level in a child?
- What is the normal level of potassium in the blood?
- What is the normal level of a teenagers blood sugar?
- What is the normal range for blood glucose level?