Doctor insights on:
What Is The Normal Average Duration Of A Bowel Movement
The gastrointestinal tract starts at the mouth, travel down the tunnel (esophagus), which connects to the stomach, which then empties into the duodenum, jejunum, and ileum---the three parts of the small intestine (@25 feet). This empties into the colon or large intestine (about 5 feet), which then becomes the sigmoid colon, rectum and out the anus. So, every morsel eaten ...Read more
Two or three: Days. If you don't return to normal after that, consult your GI specialist. I hope they didn't find anything serious up there. ...Read more
Probably: About 3 days or so, depending on operative findings. If you had an acute infection or any complication, then it would take longer. Ask your surgeon for specifics in your case. ...Read more
How long after an appendectomy should I expect to have a bowel movement? Its been around two days. Im eating normal and taking a stool softener.
Generally soon: 2-3 months post-op.Get a more detailed answer ›
My IUD moved through my wall&near my intestins &no other problems im peeing fine, normal bowel movements&how long with surgery&how long to recover?
Discuss with the Dr.: Your doctor would be the best person to answer these questions. It's hard to say what the details of your surgery would be, since different doctors may approach it differently. If the iud can be easily located and removed with small incisions, then one would expect the recovery to be fairly quick and simple. If the doctor has to do a bigger incision to get to the iud, then recovery may be longer. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the average size of a 6th grade girl in us?
- What is the average life expectancy of a person with cardiomyopathy?
- What is the average weight of a 12 year old boy?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the normal size of a uterus in cm?
- What is the normal body temperature of a child and a adult?
- What is the average width and size of a male gentile?
- What is the average size of a penis?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online