Doctor insights on:
What Is The Name Of The Machine That Bends Your Knee For Physical Therapy
My orthopedic didn't prescribe anything to me after knee micro fracture. No cpm machine ice machine or physical therapy. Is that a good thing?
Total knee replacement surgery 11/7/15. First post-op visit showed knee bends 60 degrees. Mom worked hard in physical therapy but extreme pain prevented her from pushing more. Knee manipulation scheduled for 12/16. Success rate of manipulation/risk?
Do you think I should get closed manipulation, physical therapy every day, or a brace to bend my knee?
May Not Be Able To.: It is not always possible to get other people to do things they don't want to do. You can make the suggestion to go, offer to go with him, do the home exercises with him, etc. Sometimes making it into or tying it to a social activity, will increase their desire to participate. Check out local adult centers and fitness groups. Whatever his decision, be supportive. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Minimal needed: Most people should require only minimal therapy. My patients get 2-3 weeks of home therapy with isometric quad sets, straight leg raises if no back problems, short distance walking and stationary bike can start at 2-3 weeks. No aggrresive therapy that hurts. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Focus on quadriceps: Straight leg raises and quadriceps contractions are usually allowed and warranted to eventually allow for crutch free ambulation. Of course your specific injury and/or surgical intervention will ultimately dictate what you should do during your recovery. Your treating physician should be the best source of information for your specific knee injury. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What the name of the machine that bends your kneea?
- What is the name of the type of therapy where you walk in knee high water?
- What is the name of the blood test that checks for prostate cancer?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the name for a fear of stuffed animals?
- What is the scientific name of the organism that causes hepatitis b?
- What is the name of the bone that connects to the tibia to form the ankle joint?
- What is the name of the virus that causes rabies?
- Talk to a physical medicine and rehab specialist online for free