Doctor insights on:
What Is The Most Recommended Contact Lens For Allergic Eyes
Solution not lens: Generally, we see that patients who have contact lens allergies are sensitive not to the lens but to the disinfection solutions. We usually attempt to transition patients to a hydrogen peroxide system and if necessary to daily disposables. Addressing environmental allergens is very important as well. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Exam time: First of all discontinue your contact lenses & wear your glasses. Make an appointment with an Ophthalmolgist to have your eyes examined. You may have giant papillary conjunctivitis that is associated with an allergic reaction to the contact lens and is treatable. Other issues such as contact solution sensitivity, prolonged wear time, improper contact lens fitting, environmental exposures are ideas ...Read more
My prescription for contact lenses recommends air optix aqua for astigmatism but how long does it take the eyes to adjust to a new persciption?
A day or two: You should be comfortable and see well in a day or two. ...Read more
I use contact lenses and sometimes my eyes get red.I'm also allergic.Shall I use eye drops, antiallergenics or take off the lenses?
Contact overwear: The first thing you should do is remove your contacts to give your eyes a break. If they are disposable lenses and you've used them for longer than recommended, then throw them away. You can use artificial tears if your eyes are irritated. Don't start with a new pair of lenses until your eyes are back to normal. ...Read more
Yes and no: Contact lenses certainly help you see better without having to wear glasses. But you must take care to clean your lenses regularly. And remember, the eye was not meant to have anything touching it. Over time, your eyes may become dry, irritated and develop allergies to the contacts. There is also a risk for severe eye infection if proper hygiene is not practiced. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What kind of lens?: Although there are extended wear contact lenses, i recommended daily removal before sleeping. Tears provide anti-infective compounds and enzymes which are in short supply during sleep when tear production drops. This puts the eye at greater risk for potentially sight threatening infections. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
How long can I have my contact lens in my eyes? They're aerated and presently I've been wearing mine for about 1month. I've never taken them off.
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the best contact lens solution to use for sensitive eyes?
- What is the most recommended remedy for itchy eyes and scratchy throat?
- What is the most recommended exercise for relieving back pain due to scoliosis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the most recommended treatment for atrial fibrillation?
- What is the most likely reason for clicking in my throat when i swallow?
- Paronychia what is the antibiotic most often used for treatment
- What is the most common treatment for a broken vein in the wrist?
- Talk to an allergist and immunologist online for free