Doctor insights on:
What Is The Most Effective Way To Build Muscle
Resistence training: To build muscle, one must challenge the muscle to the point of failure. This will cause change in the muscle anatomy to enlarge and increase strength. For instance if you want to build stronger biceps, 1-3 sets of arm curls 2-3 times per week. The number of repetitions should be such that you cannot complete the last repetition. Yoga and pilates do not bulk you up but increase muscle endurance. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
It is a body tissue that has the ability to contract. It shortens and generates force. It relaxes and returns to its original length. Muscles move joints, stabilize the body, move air and food through the organs, act as valves for bladder, bowel and other organs. They control movement of the eyes. They help us express ourselves by changing the shape of our ...Read more
Diet and anabolics: Optimize diet with regards to protein and carbohydrate intake. Have your total and free testosterone levels checked, as well as your serum estradiol. If testosterone is low, and it probably is, treat it aggressively with injectable testoserones, skip the trandermals. Treat high estrogen with Arimidex 1 mg daily. Legal of not in your state, cannibus will help stimulate your appetite. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
What is the appropriate level and length of soreness after workout to build muscle mass? Is workout effective the day after if still sore?
What is the most effective way to gain muscle mass? Are there some exercises that actually lead to a drop/reduction of muscle mass? E.g. do aerobics?
Use it or Lose it.: The most natural way to build muscle mass is to use that particular muscle. In general, our bodies perform efficiently when they are being used. This is the same for muscles. Gradually building up workload on a particular muscle with proper hydration and nutrition is the most effective way. There are pharmacologic therapies that can also help, but are not clinically indicated for your goals. ...Read more
NSAIDS, ice, heat...: Pain can be relieved with over-the-counter medications like advil or aleve. Follow directions on label. Ice for about 45 minutes, 3-4 times a day, for inflammation and swelling, never apply ice to the skin, always over a towel or clothing. Follow this by heat for about 20-25 minutes to help soothe and relax tight muscles. Walking, gentle range of motion and stretching exercises. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the most effective way to stop testicular pain after minor trauma?
- What is the safest and most effective way to have sex and avoid an std?
- What is the most effective way to lose belly fat make your belly tighter?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the most effective way to exercise on an elliptical machine?
- What is the most effective way to quit smoking?
- What is the best and easiest way to firm up the triceps muscle of the upper arm?
- What medication is considered the most effective muscle relaxant?
- What is the most effective way to gain healthy weight and muscle?