Doctor insights on:
What Is The Most Common Treatment For Ascites
Treat Cause: Treatment of ascites is based on treating the underlying cause which is responsible for the accumulation of fluid. Other initial treatments are medical in nature and include sodium restriction and diuretic therapy. This can be effective in up to 95% of patients. For those who are refractory to medical treatment the ascitic fluid can be removed periodically via a process called paracentesis. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Im suffering from cirrhosis, portal hypertension and ascites/ can you tell me more about treatment for this?
FEW OPTIONS: Your hepatologist (liver specialist) would be the best person to decide what would be the best treatment for you. Options include: b-blocker to decrease portal pressure, diuretics (lasix/aldactone) to control ascites and in certain cases tips (transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt). Best recommendation is to avoid anything that may further damage the liver. ...Read more
I am diagnosed with a TSH level 11.100 uIU/ml and i am on treatment of liver enlargement and ascites. Should i go to a doctor regarding the TSH level?
TSH: Yes please - this value is a bit high and needs adjustment. ...Read more
What treatment or medication can you suggest for a patient diagnosed with liver cirrhosis, (already had an enlarged heart, gallbladder stones & ascites?
Fuild backup: Ascitis is a condition of fluid in the soft tissues of the body. It can be caused by obstruction of lymph drainage from the periphery as well as heart failure. If there are symptoms of heart failure, medications can be helpful to improve pump function as well as increase urination. Discuss with his doctor about appropriate therapies. ...Read more
Depends on source: Ascites, the leaking of serum fluid into the peritoneal cavity can arise from different sources. End stage liver cirrhosis with portal hypertension can cause extensive ascites. A liver transplant may be the only source for relief. Ovaian Cancer that spreads to the omentum releases a vascular permeability factor. Here tumor debulking and chemo may produce the desired results. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the common cancers that cause ascites?
- What is the most common treatment for skin cancer?
- What is the most common treatment for a clavicle fractures?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the most common treatment for a dislocated collar bone?
- What is the most common treatment for an avulsion fracture of the ankle?
- What is the most common treatment for a bruised collar bone?
- What is the most common treatment for a broken vein in the wrist?
- Talk to a general surgeon online for free