Doctor insights on:
What Is The Most Common Treatment For A Fractured Ankle
A fracture is a broken bone. As there is cartilage at the end of many bones at the joint, a fracture may also include a break in the cartilage. Fractures and broken bones are the same thing. It seems that many believe that a "fracture" is a lesser injury or an incomplete break in the bone, but this is not correct. Fractures may be displaced or ...Read more
I have avascular necrosis and just found out from an X-ray that I have a fractured ankle what is treatment?
Clarification: An ankle fracture does NOT cause a diffuse neuropathy but the local trauma to the bone could be associated with injury to nerves at the ankle such as posterior tibial through the flexor retinaculum over the inner ankle. This may result in tarsal tunnel syndrome. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I have an avulsion of the distal fibula fracture due to a high ankle sprain. What is the the common treatment for this type of injury?
Depends: If the fracture is displaced it may need surgical fixation. If its not displaced then bracing for 6-8 weeks minimum and then return to rehab until fully healed. It can take several month to get full healing. Other options include possible platelet or stem cell based therapies that may help healing faster/more fully. Check out Regenexx.Com. ...Read more
Couple: Keep the foot elevated and take medication as prescribed. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the most common treatment for an avulsion fracture of the ankle?
- What is the most common treatment for a clavicle fractures?
- What is the most common treatment for ascites?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Most common osteoporosis fractures
- What is the most common treatment for skin cancer?
- What is the most common treatment for a dislocated collar bone?
- What is the most common treatment for a bruised collar bone?
- Talk to a podiatrist online for free