Doctor insights on:
What Is The Most Common Bone To Break
Bone is a living growing tissue made mostly of collagen (protein that provides soft framework) & the mineral calcium phosphate that adds strength & hardens the framework. Two types of bone are found in the body; cortical (dense compact outer layer) & trabecular (makes up inner layer, ...Read more
Don't swallow bones.: Bones are not easily digestible, but the real risk of swallowing fish bones is that they may pierce the esophagus and become stuck. It is the small bones that pose the greatest risk. It is best to remove bones before eating or to be extremely careful. If a bone sticks in your throat go to the er for evaluation. ...Read more
Not Very: It's not very common, but possible. Depending on how long it's been after the break has healed, the snapping could be due to 1) swelling in the tendon lining, 2) swelling in a joint if the fracture and tendon are near the joint, or 3) increased pressure on the tendon because of deformity (misalignment) of the fracture. Usually this gets better as the swelling decreases over time. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No.: Tendons have the ability to stretch, so it would be unusual to have a tendon snap. ...Read more
My brother has a lot of metal in his body from breaks from motocross. Is that common or does he have brittle bones?
Non-operative care: A collarbone (clavicle) can be dislocated both at the shoulder - an acromioclavicular dislocation ("separated shoulder") or much less commonly at the center of the chest (a sternoclavicular dislocation). The ac dislocation has six types, types 1-3 are the most common. Generally, treatment is conservative, with early motion and advancing activities as tolerated. Common rugby/footbal/hockey injury. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Rest: Rest , ice, sling, meds.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the most common type of bone injury to the elbow?
- What is the most common treatment for a dislocated collar bone?
- What is the most common treatment for a bruised collar bone?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the most common sources of infection?
- What are the most common symptoms of pericarditis?
- What are the most common symptoms of astrocytoma?
- What is the most common cancer in teenagers?
- Most painful bones to break