Doctor insights on:
What Is The Medicine For Ring Worm
Get reevaluated : It is possible that if it is definitely ringworm the fungus is resistant to the cream that was prescribed so you might need an alternative medication. It could also be that the rash is very similar to ringworm and it is not so you might need another type of medication. I suggest you follow up with your PCP or Dermatologist on this. ...Read more
Exposure: The fungal agent of ringworm is found in soil, dust, on humans or animals as a opportunist. It eats the top layers of older skin, leaving behind the healthy younger cells.As it reproduces, its offspring continue their forward movement, creating a rough outer ring, like riples to a rock tossed in a pond.A central area of clearing is expected.Otc meds can help over wks. Not all rings are ringworm. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Yes, but not always: Typically ringworm does tch. I've seen some patients who do not complain of itching (especially early on). They an otc antifngal cream on the skin to see if that will help. If you are worried about it in the scalp, be sure to see your doctor. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends: The successful treatment of this process varies with the location. For most skin surfaces there are topical liquids/lotions available over the counter including lotrimin. Applied twice daily this will often cure simple ringworm. When the infection is in the scalp or nal, an oral prescription med is often required. ...Read more
Ringworm is not a: worm, but is a fungal skin infection. A person gets it directly from contact with another person's skin who has it, or from contact with a surface that was touched by another person's ringworm, such as a mat used by wrestlers. It is easily treated with a medicated cream. If you think you have it, contact your doctor to be seen. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the best anti diarrhea medicine that works fast for tourists?
- What is the best medicine for sinus congestion and a cough?
- What is the best allergy medicine for nasal congestion?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best medicine for a toothache?
- Best remedy or medicine for stye and what is the reason why i always have stye
- What is the best otc pain medicine for a sprained knee?
- What is the best medicine to take for lower abdominal pains while on my period?
- Talk to a dermatologist online