Doctor insights on:
What Is The Maximum Calorie Restriction The Body Can Tolerate Per Day
900: The general consensus is to not intake less than 900 calories a day. Below that you may start to breakdown your own muscle to support your bodies functions. ...Read more
A calorie is the amount of heat energy needed to increase a mililiter of water 1 degree centigrade, the calorie we talk about in foods is really a kilocalorie, that is the amount of energy needed to increase a liter of water 1 degree centigrade... So if you eat a food that is 500 calories that food if burned completely has enough energy to heat a liter of ...Read more
Will there be rapid weight loss with extreme calorie restriction (under 1000 a day) or will it slow the metabolism?
Yes and yes: Very low calorie diets do allow rapid weight loss. The decrease in metabolism is temporary and is the bodiy's attempt to compensate. Programs like medifast can help kickstart a weight loss effort and then transition to a healthy eating program, exercise, and regular support and encouragement/accountability. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Inconclusive: Simply restricting calories is dangerous unless you get all the essential vitamins, minerals, fatty acids and protein you need. Moderating consumption of food is considered healthy but it depends on which foods you eat. At the end of the day, eating the right foods, avoiding the wrong ones is more important than just eating less. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Eat Healthy: Simple, review the causes of you weight gain, and then make some simple changes, focus on these top 5: 1. Any drink with sugar 2. Fast foods 3. Skipping meals 4. Large portions at tinner 5. Bad snacks review these to see if they were the causes of your weight gain, then see how you changed them, and then continue, remember maintaining weight is easier than losing weight. ...Read more
Yes: It depends what you eat but the answer is yes. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the recommended intake of calories per day for women?
- What is the maximum dosage of ibuprofen per day?
- What is the least amount of calories i can eat in a day?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the maximum dose of prenatal vitamins i can take?
- What is the most vitamin c i should take per day?
- What is the maximum number of times that nitroglycerin can be taken safely?
- What are some small things i can do during the day to help burn off calories?
- What is the maximum calorie intake per day?