Doctor insights on:
What Is The Main Difference Between Swine Flu And Sars
Viral type: The sars illness was caused by a coronavirus and "swine flu" is the influenza subtype h1n1. Both result in a severe pneumonia and can result in mutliple organ failure leading to death. The mortality rate of sars was much higher than the pandemic h1n1, as was the propensity to spread via the air. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Different virus: Swine flu is the h1n1 variant of the human influenza virus. Sars is a form of the coronavirus. They both exhibit different mechanisms of replication in the cell and entry into the cell, have different replication rates, and different virulence factors. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What to do if I have to do this leaflet for years 1+2 about diseases, like sars and swine flu. how are they transmitted ?
Leaflet: If asked to do a leaflet about a medical topic that is not in an area of yoru expertise, it would be wise to consult an authoritative source like the CDC website for information. The CDC does a good job in making medical information available in a way that everyone can understand it. ...Read more
If you are on call: You are on call. In fact, during an outbreak many physicians may have a duty to report to various hospitals and simply stay on. Pulmonologists, intensivists, and infectious disease physicians all expect to deal with potentially deadly infections, and take precautions. As a caveat, i took care of 28 patients in the h1n1 outbreak that were confirmed positive. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Not bad: The swine flu 2 years ago (2009) was quite bad at first but, given the rapid development of a vaccine, infection control, and aggressive treatment, it came under control nicely. This year (2011-12) the influenza outbreak has been mild to date (december 27). There are no current sars or bird flu outbreaks in north america. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the main difference between sars and pneumonia?
- What is the main difference between peripheral neuropathy and spinal stenosis?
- What is the main difference between tendonitis and carpal tunnel?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the main difference between heparin sodium and heparin calcium?
- What is the main difference between a broken foot and a sprained foot?
- What is the main difference between a broken and fractured clavicle?
- What is the main difference between a sprained thumb and a broken thumb?
- Talk to a pulmonologist online for free