Doctor insights on:
What Is The Main Difference Between Sars And Pneumonia
Virus: Sars in caused by a virus, which is a different kind of infectious organism compared to bacterial pneumonia. One consequence of this is that there is no antibiotic treatment for sars, and one must rely on support of the patient until the infection runs its course. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
SARS vs influenza: Both of these viral infections are bad news- SARS is worse, since there's no good antiviral treatment or vaccine-whereas at least flu has antiviral medication and a vaccine that can help tremendously. SARS is a corona virus (looks like a little crown under an electron microscope). Flu is an orthomyxovirus. Good hygiene practices go a long way in preventing these diseases. Luckily no SARS right now ...Read more
Viral type: The sars illness was caused by a coronavirus and "swine flu" is the influenza subtype h1n1. Both result in a severe pneumonia and can result in mutliple organ failure leading to death. The mortality rate of sars was much higher than the pandemic h1n1, as was the propensity to spread via the air. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Not clear: No studies have been published on inactivation periods of the virus outside of a living organism; using similar viri survival periods were found to be 5 to 28 days depending on temperature and humidity. Survival was longest for low humidity and low temperature (4 degrees c and 20% relative humidity). ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the main difference between swine flu and sars?
- What is the main difference between pneumonia and bronchitis?
- What is the difference between walking pneumonia and pneumonia?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the difference between tb and pneumonia?
- What is the difference between tuberculosis and pneumonia?
- What is the main difference between sadness and depression?
- What is the main difference between inflammatory arthritis and inflammatory edge?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free