Doctor insights on:
What Is The Main Difference Between Osteoarthritis And Degenerative Joint Disease
This common degenerative condition impacts the joints, where normal wear and tear on them gets to a point where they can no longer keep up with the pace of generating fresh cartilage. As a result, the joint space thins, the bone becomes exposed and painful, and bone spurs ...Read more
Yes!: Sometimes induced by trauma! at your age. ...Read more
Arthritis vrs aging: Degenerative joint disease is an outdated term for osteoarthritis of peripheral joints. Degenerative disc disease is sometimes diagnosed when vertebral spurs are noted. The latter phenomenon, referred to most accurately as spondylosis deformans, is asymptomatic. It may be associated with disc disease, but disc damage does not necessarily cause pain. ...Read more
What are my options for degenerative joint disease/osteoarthritis in my temporal mandibular joint?
Virtually all joints: Most joints can be invovled, but some many more times likely than others. Cartilage deteriorates and has little capacity for regneration, since it is devoid of blood flow. Nutrition of cartilage is from diffusion of nutrient fromm blood flowing to adjacent bone and muscle. It can be primary, caused by wear and tear, or be caused by an inflammatory arthritis. Weight bearing joints more likely. ...Read more
DDD and aging: Degenerative joint disease is part of the process of aging, though it can be accelerated due to medication, structure damage causing additional wear on adjacent joint, or familial tendancy to this syndrome. It is the breakdown of the joint, often the spinal discs, causing nerve pain or simple bone pain. Medications (non-opioid) or surgery may be in your future. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Upshot?: If you are asking what is good about djd, the answer is nothing. If you want to know about successful treatments, then we are talking anti-inflammatory medications, general analgesics, range-of-motion exercises as well as aerobic activities. Stretching and strengthening exercises are all useful. Injections can help a ton as well. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the main difference between rheumatoid arthritis and severe degenerative?
- Osteoarthritis vs degenerative joint disease
- What is the difference between arthritis and osteoarthritis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is degenerative joint disease the same thing as osteoarthritis?
- Whats the difference between congenital and degenerative heart disease
- What's the difference between osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis
- What is the difference between osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis?
- Osteoarthritis vs. rheumatoid arthritis