Doctor insights on:
What Is The Main Difference Between Heparin Sodium And Heparin Calcium
Low molecular weight: Heparin is used as an anticoagulant. In low doses the intent is to prevent clotting. In full dose it is used to treat an established clot. If is given as a subcutaneous (under the skin) injection, which is more convenient than a continuous IV infusion of standard heparin. ...Read more
Lovenox (enoxaparin) vs. heparin: Unfractionated Heparin (UFH) & enoxaparin (lovenox or lmwh) both prevent blood clots by indirectly inhibiting the function of 2 important clotting factors, xa and iia (thrombin). Ufh is very large , while lmwh is smaller. Dosing of UFH is IV or sq every 8-12 hrs, and lmwh sq every 12-24 hrs. Care is needed with lmwh if renal failure. Ufh is more likely to cause hit, a dangerous allergic reaction. ...Read more
Lower it: May decrease it lowering absorption and utilization of ca. ...Read more
It's complicated.: Caffeine doesn't have much of an effect on it except slightly as a diuretic. Likewise, alcohol doesn't have much of an effect on it or there'd be calcium problems All The Time. sodium, however, has an exchange with calcium. If the sodium load is high, the calcium control is somewhat messed up. Some diuretics (not caffeine or alcohol though) put sodium in the urine and push calcium back in. ...Read more
Dehydration: Have your PTH checked and kidney function. ...Read more
Depends: Since calcium tends to constipate, i'd tend to side with the sodium version. However, people with hypertension who are limiting their sodium intake should probably choose the calcium version. The docusate is the active component; so either version should work. Adding more fiber & fluids to your diet will help keep you regular, too. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I chronically have a low sodium, low calcium and mild anemia. Dr's have checked just about everything they can think of and no answers. Ideas?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Diff between heparin sodium and heparin calcium
- What is the difference between sodium chloride calcium chloride?
- What is the difference between salt sodium?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the main difference between inflammatory arthritis and inflammatory edge?
- Osteoarthritis vs. rheumatoid arthritis
- What is the main difference between bronchoscopy and endoscopy?
- What is the main difference between a fractured leg and a broken leg?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free