Doctor insights on:
What Is The Main Difference Between A Fractured Leg And A Broken Leg
None: Fractured and broken are synonyms.Get a more detailed answer ›
A fracture is a broken bone. As there is cartilage at the end of many bones at the joint, a fracture may also include a break in the cartilage. Fractures and broken bones are the same thing. It seems that many believe that a "fracture" is a lesser injury or an incomplete break in the bone, but this is not correct. Fractures may be displaced or ...Read more
If you could: describe where the pain is, how you injured it and your symptoms it would be much easier to help. My recommendation otherwise is to see a doc and get an X-ray. ...Read more
The best: Surgery is up to the surgeon. If you are happy with the dr. Go with his judgement and expert opinion. ...Read more
I met with an accident 2 months back and 2 bones in my right leg got fractured. One under thighs and the other near my shin. My doctor advised me to walk using crutches giving 25% weight on my broken leg. Now after walking and sitting alone for some time.
Question ?: what exactly is your question? Unable to answer as is. ...Read more
A stress: fracture is an injury to the bone caused by repetitive microtrauma(for example, in the tibia from running). A muscle knot is not a medical term, but could represent a muscle strain or possibly spasm. So, a stress fracture is a bone injury, and a muscle "knot" is a muscle injury. ...Read more
Could you tell me what good techinques are there for srcatching and taking a shower for a broken leg?
Caution: There are no good techniques for scratching because this would involve accessing an area which is not visible because it's under a cast or splint - and that is not recommended. Showering can sometimes be done with a garbage bag or similar protection to keep the leg dry. Ask whether you are appropriate to switch to a fracture boot, which would make it much easier to shower. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the main difference between a sprained thumb and a broken thumb?
- What is the main difference between a broken foot and a sprained foot?
- What is the main difference between a compound fracture and a contusion?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Whats the difference between a broken collarbone or fractured
- What is the main difference between sadness and depression?
- What is the main difference between inflammatory arthritis and inflammatory edge?
- Osteoarthritis vs. rheumatoid arthritis
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free